Enlarge individual photos

Click on individual photos to enlarge........ Click on back button to return to blog.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sunday ...downtown

Bethel Gas Station
circa 1925
Gainesville, Florida

Acquired by the city in 1974.
In the mid 80's the building was moved to the
Downtown Plaza and served as the
Regional Transit System ticket office

The building was vacated in 2007 .
Remaining empty for two years.

Since March of 2010 the restored
has been home to a cafe ...

The renovation remained true
to the Renaissance Revival style of
the 1920's

A nice little spot for a quick lunch.